Monday 25 March 2013

Finger print apple Thank you card

It will soon be time to start thinking of saying thank you to the teachers as the children prepare to move into the next school year.

We are in that position now as one teacher prepares to return from maternity and the interim teacher prepares to leave. He has been a fantastic influence to my eldest so I wanted to create a card to say thank you.

I used WORD to create a 4cm square and WORDART to add the names of my daughter and a few other classmates. I then used a red ink pad to place one fingerprint from each child into the corresponding square. I used a brown and green pen to add a stalk and a leaf to turn each fingerprint into an apple. I mounted the squares onto silver card and then onto apple printed card. I then mounted these onto Papermania 'All Aboard' papers to make it look like the mounted fingerprints were on a pin board. Then using a sheet of 'Scrabble' paper I cut out the letters and added them to the bottom. I cut off the tops from some notice board pins and glued them onto the 'Notice Board' paper to add detail.

 

Adding the fingerprints of the child gives a personal touch to this card

No comments:

Post a Comment